Thursday 26 May 2016

Stunning

Morning sun beams shine through the tall bared windows, which stream across the dark timber tables and shining above the succulents that sit pretty on the window ledge. It is a relaxing and calm beginning to a Sunday morning, and to be frank I wouldn't have it any other way.

The Glass Den, positioned on the outskirts of the CBD and worth the extra drive to visit. Its tall windows and casual seating sets the scene of a relaxing and modern environment. It's everything you look for in a cafe, a stylish and hip brings nothing but pleasant moods to the scene.

Soaking up the morning sun on my back I begin with a luscious St Ali blend coffee and get excited about the menu.

Choosing something off the special board is always fun, it gives you more of what the chefs enjoy creating and lets them expand there minds and test new ideas.

The choice of the Spinach open omelette with herded infused fetta, beetroot mousse, kale sesame crumble and red chilli was a hit. I swear it looked just like I stepped into the garden. Amazing combinations of flavors and so pretty to look at. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Vibrant green omelet covered in an array of soft mousse, salty fetta pieces and a delicate crumb was truly a delight to have.

The other;  Egg au Gratin. Golden hash or Gratin with confit portobello mushrooms, broccolini and a runny poached egg finished off with rich creamy hollandaise sauce and kale sesame crumb.

A breakfast for the rich flavour seekers and this too was a pleasure to eat. Add a serve of the pork belly on the side and you will be set not just for breakfast but for lunch as well. A solid breakfast but really delicious to enjoy.

The Glass Den will have something for everyone's palate and to go with that is licensed and have also got a great juice selection to put a little bit more oomph to the start of the day.

As much as I wanted to continue to indulge my morning away here, I feel that I would have turned into Violet Beauregarde, but a little less blue and needing to be rolled back out through the door by the staff.

It is a cafe that I wished I had visited earlier, but must say with the current menu offer it will be one to tell friends about.



The Glass Den
14 Urquhart Street
Coburg
9354 5032



The Glass Den Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


No comments:

Post a Comment